Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SKILLMATCHES welcomes you.
These are our Terms and Conditions of service (“T&Cs”). Users who do not comply with the T&Cs will face consequences as hereinafter described.
- This agreement is a contract between You and SKILLMATCHES ESPORT LIMITED, 133 Durants Road, London, Enfield, EN3 7DG, Company number : 11517118, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org and governs Your use of the Skillmatches website located at https://www.skillmatches.com , its content, the software and the associated materials made available through this website (collectively, the “Site”).
- These Terms and Conditions are always available at the website, which allows to download, display and record their contents by printing or saving them to a data carrier at any time.
- By signing up for an account and becoming a member to participate in any game or tournament offered on SkillMatches.com (the “Site”) you confirm your knowledge of and agreement to be bound by the most current version of these T&Cs, which can be accessed from the Site.
- You agree that Skillmatches may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the terms, by email or postings on the services.
- You may not use the services if you are a person barred from receiving the services under the laws of the United Kingdom or the laws in your own country.
- You are subject to, and are solely responsible for obeying all laws of the country in which You reside and from which You access the Site, Log-In to the Site or participate in any Skill Tournamanets. You agree to only participate in the Skill Tournamanets after You have determined in good-faith that You are in compliance with local and other governing laws and regulations. You understand and accept that Skillmatches is unable to provide you with any legal advice or assurances and that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that at all times you comply with all laws that govern you, civil and criminal.
- You agree to hold Us harmless from any liability such that We cannot be held liable if laws applicable to You restrict or prohibit Your participation in any Skill Tournaments or contests arranged and established through the Site or otherwise. We make no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit, as to Your legal right to participate in any Skill Tournaments facilitated nor shall any person affiliated, or claiming affiliation with Us, have authority to make such representations or warranties.
- By utilizing the Services and participating in Site activities, you certify that you meet the age (18 +) and other eligibility requirements for the Site and the Services set forth in the T&Cs. (see below). If you do not meet the age and other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site and the Services immediately.
II. ELIGIBILITY FOR SERVICES
- In order to sign up and maintain an account on the Site, an individual must:
- be a natural person, over the age of 18, and who has had the email address submitted on the account sign up form assigned to their use and control as represented; WE ARE PROTECTING MINORS. MINORS ARE PROHIBITED FROM PLAYING GAMES, ENTERING TOURNAMNETS.
- be a citizen or resident of a country (“Territory”) where skilled gaming is legal
- be physically located in a Territory in which participation in the Service you select, or the Site, is unrestricted by applicable laws;
- You agree that :
- You possess the legal authority to enter into this Agreement including the authority to accept all of these Terms;
- You have verified and determined that Your use of the Site Services does not violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction that applies to You. It is Your sole responsibility to ensure that this is the case.
- Your Account is for Your personal use only and it will not be used by You for commercial purposes or in the course of any trade or business;
- You can only create one (1) Account per person or IP address, which can then be used across all our services. If you are suspected of holding more than one account proof of identity and proof of address will be required for each account. If it turns out one individual holds more than one account, all accounts will be closed. We reserve the right to suspend or withhold any winnings/funds that have accumulated on those accounts. If we further suspect a breach by you of these rules, we reserve the right to terminate your account without warning and prohibit your future use of the site.
- If we terminate your account because of a breach of these rules you agree that you will not seek to register with us again, whether using the same or a different identity to that under which you originally registered.
- You must provide us with accurate information about your account. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your personal details which may impact the use of your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the services. Your Account is for Your sole use only and must not be used by any third party. You shall not allow any third party to use Your Account, password, Log-In or User ID to access or use the Site to arrange, enter, and/or participate in Skill Tournaments, or for any other purposes. Nor shall You reveal to any person Your means of payment to access or use the Site, to arrange, enter, and/or participate in Skill Tournaments. We take no responsibility for any third party access to Your Account;
- You will not engage in any conduct that injures or may injure the business, reputation or goodwill of the Company;
- You will not use the Site or Services for gambling, or to otherwise participate in games of chance; should you learn that any User is soliciting participation in gambling, you will immediately notify SkillMatches.com in writing;
- You are fully aware that there is a risk of losing money by using the Site to arrange, enter, and/or participate in Skill Tournamets and that You are solely responsible for any such loss;
- Upon sign up and/or to facilitate refund and prize payments to you, you are required to provide the following information:
- – an alias that will be your username
- – a password
- – your e-mail address
- – full name
- – credit card or other payment information (only required if you are transferring funds to purchase entry in a pay-to-enter game or tournament)
- All information that You provide in Your registration form for the purposes of establishing Your Account is true and correct and You will promptly notify us of any changes to such information;
- The Consumer can terminate an agreement for services without giving reasons during at least 14 days. To exercise your rights under the cooling off period, you must send information e-mail : email@example.com. The Entrepreneur Skillmatches can exclude the following services from the right of withdrawal but only if the Skillmatches notified this clearly when making the offer or at any rate in good time before concluding the agreement:
- Services agreements, after full performance of the service, but only if the performance started with the Consumer’s explicit prior consent; and the Consumer stated that he will lose his right of withdrawal as soon as the Entrepreneur has fully performed the agreement.
- You or SkillMatches may terminate the Agreement at any time and for any reason by terminating your SkillMatches account. We may suspend the service to you at any time, with or without cause. If we terminate your account without cause, you will get a full refund equal to your account balance.
- We will not refund or reimburse you in any other situation, including if your account is suspended or terminated for cause, such as for a breach or violation of the Agreement. If your account is inactive for 18 months, we may terminate your account, and you will not be entitled to a refund of any outstanding balance. Once your account is terminated, you acknowledge and agree that we may permanently delete your account and all the data associated with it.If Skillmatches determines you are signing up with purposely incorrect information, Skillmatches reserves the right to close your account. Knowingly submitting incomplete or inaccurate information will result in immediate termination of your account and forfeiture of any prizes or winnings to which you may have otherwise been entitled. Skillmatches also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change and/or suspend/terminate offensive usernames.
- Skillmatches may at any time require any member to provide proof of eligibility to participate in order to continue to allow such member access to the Site and the Services, and each member hereby acknowledges and accepts this condition of their participation as a reasonable measure to ensure the security of the Site. In addition, each member will be required to provide proper identification and proof of eligibility prior to receiving a prize from Skillmatches. Participants may, at their option, pre-confirm their identification at any time.
- THIS IS NOT GAMBLING.
- It is up to you to participate in skill tournaments for free or for cash.
- You can play in skill tournaments for free to increase your skill level (Training).
- The games that are being played for cash prizes are games of skill and not games of chance. In Skillmatches the element of chance is so insignificant as not to matter.
- The outcome of the tournaments offered on the Site are directly related to the number of members participating, and the skill levels of each member participating.
- In Skillmatches players cannot bet on themselves. The results and winners of each tournament offered on the Site will be determined by Skillmatches, and such determinations are final. By signing up, joining and/or participating in any tournament, you agree to be bound by these determinations.
- The prizes offered in all tournaments will be disclosed at the beginning of such tournaments. If a tournament has to close prematurely, such as for maintenance or technical problems, the Site may attempt to reschedule, or process refunds if applicable.
- Any exchanges between users, trade and bets are illegal and prohibited on this website.
- We don’t allow players to compete with each other in non-standard games with non-standard line-ups and non-standard players. Each change of listings or players into non-standard settings will be treated as a cheat. Cheating during games is strictly prohibited; each person who is caugh cheating will be penalized. Using programs that make playing easier is prohibited.
- Members of Skillmatches must read and fully understand our general rules before participating in any tournaments. ((Appendix No 1).
IV. FEES AND PAYMENT TERMS
- In Skillmacthes we offer pay to enter tournament. A pay-to-enter tournament is a tournament where an entry fee is charged to join, and then play to win prizes as you play and win through.
- The entry fee can be paid through Credit Card or PayPal if the tournament has a cash entry fee. You are solely responsible for the payment of any entry fees to you. By remitting entry fee for any Match, you agree and acknowledge that any entry fee paid is non-refundable and that you may not win the Match.
- After paying the entry fee, a user may withdraw their money by clicking on the “leave” icon, but this can only be done when the entry fee of a competitor has not yet been paid
- Any entry fees for such cash games paid by the member made solely for facilities provided by the Site for the setting up and management of all cash game.
- By participating in a cash game and paying this fee to Skillmatches, each member acknowledges that these funds are held by Skillmatches for such Services and that the member grants an irrevocable authority to Skillmatches to pay the winner of the Cash Game the prize associated with such Cash Game.
- Members should also be aware that the total entry fees paid by members in any given cash game are not paid out as prizes, as Skillmatches retains part of the entry fees paid as a service fee on all cash games played. This fee allows for the continued operation and maintenance of the Site and the development of additional features and content for the Site in the future. The cash prizes in each tournament represent an amount determined by Skillmartches in its absolute discretion and is subject to change without further notic .
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- all references to pounds or ” £ ” on the Site are references pound sterling (“GBP”), and all transactions (entry fees, refunds and prizes) will be denominated in GBP unless otherwise expressly stated;
- You may deposit funds in Your Account using Pay-Pal or other means of payment. All payments into Your Account must be made from a payment source on which You are the named Account holder.
- You agree that the Site is not liable for any loss caused by any unauthorized use of Your Pay-Pal Account, Your credit card or any other method of payment by a third party in connection with the Site. You waive Your right to dispute any payment made into Your Account and You will personally bear all costs.
- We can withhold or refuse to pay any winnings if funds you paid into your main balance (including any amounts you have already used) are cancelled or denied by any payment service (for example, your card provider).
- In the case of suspected or fraudulent payment, including use of stolen Pay-Pal credentials, by anyone, or any other fraudulent activity, We reserve the right to block a User’s Account. We shall be entitled to inform any relevant authorities or entities (including credit reference agencies) of any payment fraud or other unlawful activity, and may employ collection services to recover payments. We reserve the right to run credit checks on any User on the basis of the information provided to us on registration.
- We are not selling our own products, but as a affiliate of CDKeys.com you can purchase PC, XBox and Playstation Games.
- All payments are made on cdkeys.com. See https://www.cdkeys.com/terms-conditions.
VI. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The Services are owned or licensed by Skillmatches, and are protected by Intellectual Property Rights and other proprietary rights laws. Skillmatches reserves all right, title, and interest in and to the Services, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights and other proprietary rights, that are not explicitly granted to you in these Terms. Your permitted use of the Services is limited by the Intellectual Property Rights of SkillMatches.
- Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant Skillmatches policies, Skillmatches grants you a non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license, subject to the limitations in these Terms, to access and use the Services for your own entertainment purposes. You agree that you will not use the Services for any other purpose.
- You may not copy, download, modify or create derivate works, rent, lease, loan, distribute, re-use, adapt, publish, transmit, attempt to decompile, decipher, disassembly, reverse engineer, decrypt or otherwise use or exploit any software or other works or content from the Site unless We have expressly allowed You to do so. You agree that all proprietary rights, including all trademark, copyright, patent or trade secret rights, inherent in such software, works and content is owned by Us or applicable third parties.
- Any use of the Services in violation of the law, these Terms of Service, or these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, and may result in the immediate revocation of your limited license at SkillMatches’s sole judgment, or may subject you to liability for violations of law.
- All trademarks on the site are the property of their respective owners.
VIII. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- Sklillmatches shall have a sufficiently notified complaints procedure in place, and shall handle the complaint in accordance with this complaint
- Complaints about the performance of the contract shall be submitted fully and clearly described to the Skillmatches within a reasonable time. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The complaints submitted to the Entrepreneur shall be replied within a period of 14 days after the date of receipt.
- If you have complained to us and we have been unable to resolve your complaint, you may then refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Telephone 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123. www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
- In the unlikely event that our Customer Relations team are unable to resolve your complaint, and you are still not satisfied following the conclusion of our complaints handling procedure, you may also refer your complaint to RetailADR (previously ‘The Retail Ombudsman’), which is a certified Alternative Dispute Resolution provider. RetailADR, 33 floor Euston Towers, 286 Euston Road, London, NW1 3DP, Email: email@example.com – Web: www.retailadr.org.uk , Tel: 0203 540 8063.
- We cannot guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Services by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Services, the server on which our Services are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Services. You must not attack our Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your registration and right to use our Services will cease immediately.
X. OUR LIABILITY
- Your use of the services is at your sole risk.
- We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Purchase caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Skillmatches will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, and other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it.
- Skillmacthes will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of, or inability to use, our website or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- To the extent permitted by law, Skillmacthes excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- Skillmacthes will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded;
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
- We will be not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under any Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
- While the Skillmatches endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is correct, the Skillmatches does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of any material on the Website. The Skillmatches may make changes to the material on the Website at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and the Skillmatches makes no commitment to update such material.
- The material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Skillmatches provides you with the Website on the basis that the Skillmatches excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for this legal notice, might have effect in relation to the Website.
XII. FINAL PROVISONS
- You shall be informed about any changes to these Terms and Conditions by information available at the homepage of the Skillmatches presenting a list of amendments and their effective dates. We will provide these terms to you or post them on the website pages to which they apply . They are incorporated by reference into these T&Cs. If there is a conflict between these T&Cs and any additional terms that apply to a particular Service, the additional terms will control.
- The effective date for any amendment shall fall at least 14 days after its publication. If you do not accept the amended Terms and Conditions, you shall be obliged to notify this fact to the Skillmatches within 14 days from being informed about the amendment of the Terms and Conditions. Notification of non-acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions shall result in termination of the Agreement.( If you have an a account).
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any portion of these T&Cs is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers, liability limitations , then the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these T&Cs shall continue in effect.
(Appendix No 1)
Members of Skillmatches.com must read and fully understand these rules before participating in any tournaments.
- We don’t allow players to compete with each other in non-standard games with non-standard line-ups and non-standard players. Each change of listings or players into non-standard settings will be treated as a cheat. Cheating during games is strictly prohibited; each person who is caught cheating will be penalized. Using programs that make playing easier is prohibited. Any exchanges between users, trades, and bets are illegal and prohibited on this website.
- Only the rules agreed on in the match lobby of Skillmatches can be used in games. All other added rules are not enforceable.
- Accessing or playing games on another player’s account is prohibited. Anyone who gains access to another player’s account or allows another player to access theirs will be suspended.
- Any rules claimed to be broken can be viewed when the game starts, for example, teams, weather, map etc. If you do not agree with a pregame setting or the team being used, do not start the game.
- Impersonating or attempting to impersonate another player in any way is prohibited.
- Upon accepting the game rules and paying the entry fee, players have 90 minutes to play a match and enter the result.
* If both players do not enter the result then the entry fee will be automatically returned to players after 90 minutes without any commission.
* The result entered by just one player will be automatically accepted after 90 minutes.
* Entering the result incorrectly will lead to a dispute.
* Deliberately allowing a dispute to be opened without any grounds to do so will be penalized.
* When a match is cancelled, all money will be returned to the account of each player without any commission.
- After paying the entry fee, a user may withdraw their money by clicking on the “leave” icon, but this can only be done when the entry fee of a competitor has not yet been paid.
- Guests cannot participate in the matches or see them.
- Any players reported for abusive language will be dealt with in a disciplinary fashion and potentially banned from the site.
- Any player caught providing inaccurate information to a competitor to mislead them or to gain a competitive advantage will result in an unfavourable action against them.
- In the dispute section, each player should present proof in the form of a screenshot from the game or video material. Recording on the console is quite easy; we recommend that each user records a video of the game. All video material must be uploaded on YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook. You must share the link in the dispute section.
- Any attempt to cheat or mislead the Skill Matches team will result in a financial penalty.
- If it is your fault that a dispute has been raised, we are allowed to take 10% commission at the time of the return of entry fee depending on the situation.
- During the dispute, the players have 2 hours to present their evidence. After this time any new evidence might not be accepted by our team.
- Fines for cheating and groundless causes for disputes are as follows:
1st time = £5
2nd time = £20
3rd time = 100% Account balance Removal + Ban
Skillmatches can decide upon the match result at its discretion and depending on the circumstances.
Skillmatches is an online service that facilitates tournaments for users who play video games and they have purchased their own video games on consoles and PCs. Skillmatches does not sell or license video games and our services are not endorsed by any video game publishers, developers or sports league.